RULES FOR TOURNAMENT
The captain and crew of each participating boat agree to abide by all Tournament rules and regulations. It is expected that each angler conduct him/herself in an honest, ethical, and sportsmanlike manner. Failure to do so, may result in disqualification.
- All fish submitted for weigh-in will be subject to freshness testing by Torrymeter. Failing the Torrymeter test or failing the Weighmaster’s inspection of the submitted fish will be grounds for disqualification of the angler who turned in the fish and possibly other members of the angler’s boat. All decisions made by the Tournament Chairman and Tournament Committee are final.
- If an angler is caught cheating or there is a reasonable suspicion that an angler has cheated, the angler will be banned from participating in any subsequent Kyser Miree Memorial Fishing Tournament. The Tournament also reserves the right to inform other tournaments of said cheating and will display a list of banned anglers on the Tournament website.
- The Tournament begins at 6:00am Saturday June 4, 2016. Anglers may launch and fish anywhere, but must weigh fish at either of the official weigh stations. The official weigh stations are located at:
- The Wharf in Orange Beach, AL at the Roundabout next to The Wharf Store
- Dauphin Island Site: Pelican Pub
- All persons present on a boat during the Tournament must have a valid ticket to avoid disqualification of all anglers on the boat.
- Protests of any nature must be presented in writing to the Tournament Chairman no later than 5:30pm Saturday June 4 at either of the official weigh stations.
- The Tournament Committee reserves the right to reschedule or cancel the tournament due to weather, oil spills, or other related interruptions.
- The Tournament Chairman will use his time as the official tournament time.
- The decision of the Tournament Chairman and Committee shall be final in all matters.
- Any person acting in an unsportsmanlike manner may be subject to disqualification.
- Any matter not specifically covered by these rules may be decided by and at the sole discretion of the Tournament Chairman and Committee. All decisions shall be final.
- One four hour period without a small-craft advisory issued by the National Weather Service constitutes a tournament. If not, the Tournament Chairman and Committee reserve the right to reschedule the tournament.
- All participants agree to abide by all state and federal laws and regulations regarding licensing, fish size limits, fish bag limits, permits, etc.
- All fish must be caught by hook and line.
- The Rotaract Club of the Mobile Bay Area, the Rotaract of Mobile Charity, the Tournament Chairman, the Tournament Committee, and all other parties associated with the tournament shall not be held liable for any bodily injury or damage to personal property before, during, or after the tournament.
- All tournament tickets must be purchased by 11:59pm Friday June 3, 2016. Tournament tickets cost $30 per angler for Adults and $20 per angler for children 12 and Under.
- All fish must be weighed in at the tournament scales by 5:00pm Saturday June 4, 2016 to be considered for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place.
- Anglers in line at 5:00 at either official weigh station will be allowed to weigh their fish.
- To be eligible to participate in the Kids Categories, anglers must be no older than 12 years old. 12 year olds are eligible to participate in the Kids Categories as long as they have not had their 13th birthday as of June 4, 2016.
- Master Angler and Junior Master Angler awards will be given. Both Master Angler and Junior Master Angler awards will be given based on a points system. The points system will be calculated as follows:
- 3 points for 1st place finish in a category, 2 points for 2nd place finish in a category, 1 point for 3rd place finish in a category.
- The angler (1 adult and 1 child) with the most points based on Rule 19-A will be awarded the Master Angler award and the Junior Master Angler award respectively.
- If there is a tie for Master Angler or Junior Master Angler, the tiebreaker shall be the angler who weighed in a fish first according to the official weigh station record books for both weigh stations.
- If an angler lands a fish that appears to break the existing Alabama State Record of 44 pounds 12 ounces, he/she will have to meet all requirements set forth by the State of Alabama, the Kyser Miree Memorial Fishing Tournament, and the Insurance Company paying the claim for the $100,000 cash jackpot prize. The angler will be required to submit to and pass a lie detector test in addition to the aforementioned requirements. If any of the requirements are not met to the satisfaction of the Tournament Committee, the State of Alabama, or the Insurance Company, the prize will not be awarded.
- The Tournament Chair and Committee reserve the right to make changes to these rules up until the day before the Tournament.
RULES FOR PAYMENT OF $100,000 PRIZE (ALABAMA STATE RECORD RED SNAPPER)
a. In order to be eligible for a prize, the All Tackle Alabama State Record fish must be caught in the manner prescribed by the International Game Fish Association (“IGFA”) international angling rules. Any variance in this condition must be with the express written consent of SCA prior to the start of the Promotion.
b. Eligible Species of Fish: Red Snapper (as recognized by the IGFA and the State of Alabama Department of Wildlife and Natural Resources).
c. All tournament waters must have been open to the public for fishing for at least one (1) year immediately prior to the Promotion, and must have an existing certified State Record recognized by the appropriate State Record Keeping authority for the specified species (as defined in the Sponsor’s Official Promotion Rules and Item 2 herein).
d. Eligible Location: Those waters eligible for Alabama State Record consideration.
e. The total number of anglers eligible to participate in the tournament shall not exceed: 500 | Post Event Billing: SCA will cover the first 550 participants under this contract as billed. At the 556th participant, SCA will implement a ‘post event billing’ of $3.50 USD per participant over 550. All anglers must be pre-registered.
f. Tournament Headquarters: The Wharf Marina | Orange Beach, AL
g. Requisite Qualifications for Prize Award:
i. Fish must be eligible for and establish a new Official All-Tackle Alabama State Record weight for the specified species.
ii. Fish must be caught by an official entrant (who must be an eligible Participant) in the Fishing Tournament during the Promotion dates and times.
iii. Fish must ultimately be certified as the Official All-Tackle Alabama State Record for the specified species and SCA must receive verification of such from the State Record Keeping Authority.
iv. All certification requirements will be the exclusive responsibility of the claimant, and must be completed within a reasonable period of time, but not to exceed ninety (90) days unless agreed to in writing by SCA.
v. If there is a claim, Exhibit B must be completed in its entirety and mailed in a timely manner to SCA, but not to exceed sixty (60) days unless agreed to in writing by SCA Promotions.
vi. Any winner, regardless of issue, must submit to and pass, in a conclusive manner, a polygraph examination administered by a licensed polygraphist provided by the contract sponsor as a condition precedent to claims consideration.
h. Eligible Contestants: Only those participants officially entered in the Fishing Tournament who comply with the terms and conditions of this Contract and Sponsor’s Official Promotion Rules shall be eligible to compete for a prize. In the event of a claim, Sponsor may be required to provide SCA with an official list of registered entrants in the Fishing Tournament.
i. After receipt of completed and signed claim documentation, SCA or an SCA-designated independent judging organization may conduct an investigation including, but not limited to, requiring the Sponsor to provide access to the: Winner; Witness; or Contest Officials to submit to and pass in a conclusive manner polygraph examinations as a condition precedent to claim consideration if, in SCA’s sole opinion, such action is warranted. If required, all polygraph exams must be submitted to SCA within sixty (60) days of the conclusion of the Tournament or the claim is void.
j. Weather Conditions: If the event is canceled due to inclement weather preventing the conducting of the event, assuming no attempts to win the prize were initiated, a refund, less any direct costs to SCA, will be made or this contract will be amended to a rescheduled date without additional charges. Notification to SCA is required in writing within seventy-two (72) hours of official declaration of cancellation for refund consideration. Any rescheduled event must be rescheduled to take place within ninety (90) days of original event commencement date.
k. Failure or disregard of any of the terms and conditions of this agreement shall relieve SCA of any and all liability
RULES FOR ESTABLISHING STATE SALTWATER FISH RECORDS
1. Angler must leave and return to an Alabama port without making landfall in another state, except in cases of emergencies involving safety of the boat or crew.
2. An official application must be submitted to the Marine Resources Division at either the Dauphin Island office or Gulf Shores office within 30 days fo the catch.
3. Application must include a photo clearly showing the distinguishing features of the fish.
4. Weighing of fish must be witnessed by two persons not related to the angler and fish must be weighed on certified scales.
5. Fish must be caught by rod and reel using natural or artificial bait.
6. Fish must be on list of accepted species established by the International Game Fish Association (IGFA), unless otherwise certified by the State records committee.
7. Size of fish must be representative of the species.
8. To replace a record for a fish weighing less than 25 pounds, the replacement must weigh at least 2 ounces more than the existing record. To replace a record for a fish weighing 25 pounds or more, the replacement fish must weigh at least one-half of 1 percent more than the existing record.
Examples: At 50 pounds, the additional weight required would be 4 ounces; at 100 pounds, the additional weight required would be 8 ounces; at 200 pounds, the additional weight required would be 16 ounces.
Any catch which matches the weight of an existing record or exceeds the weight by less than the amount required to defeat the record will be considered a tie. In case of a tie claim involving more than two catches, weights must be compared with the original record (first fish to be caught). Nothing weighing less than the original record will be considered.
9. Application must be reviewed and approved by a majority of the Record Fish Committee. Their decision is final.
10. Fish must be fought by only one angler; assistance in gaffing or netting is allowed.
11. Fish should be kept (frozen) for at least 15 days after forwarding of application. Should there be any question regarding identification of the fish, a Marine Resources Division employee may request that the fish be brought to the Marine Resources” Dauphin Island office or Gulf Shores office.
Official Application Form
Current State Records
IGFA INTERNATIONAL ANGLING RULES
All anglers in the Kyser Miree Memorial Fishing Tournament must follow IGFA angling rules to qualify for the $100,000 payout.
For more info contact: Bry Shields 251-753-0911